If you decide to read one of my books at a Book Club or Reading Group, you may want to use the following questions to start your discussions!
My Silent Daughter
- What thoughts did you have about Sara and Michael’s relationship at the beginning of the book? What did you think about the outcome of their relationship?
- Which character do you think was the biggest support to Sara and why?
- To what extent did Barbara’s back story justify her behaviour?
- Do you know anyone who has had a similar experience to Sara? Do you think she was a realistic character?
- For Sara, her art was therapeutic. How important do you think a creative outlet is for someone going through a tough experience?
- Which character in the book were you most drawn to and why?
- What did you think of the title of the book? Did it reflect the story?
- What did you think of the ending of the book? Did it surprise you?
- Several other characters have issues of their own. Which of those would you have liked to learn more about?
- What other books have you read which were on a similar theme? How does this book compare?
- Was there anything about Sara’s experience that you found surprising? Has it made you think differently about people in her situation?
- Would you read more books by this author?